Sunday, December 9, 2007

COMING UP

Don't have a full-on new post coming, but I figured you guys might be interested in what's coming in the (hopefully near) future.

Showcases

If I have a couple hours set aside, I want to make a good, worthy post about Andrew Bird. Also, I'd like to introduce you guys to Hello Saferide, Scala & Kolacny Brothers and Eisley. Sadly, as my reader base currently just consists of those related to me, the Feist and Imogen Heap (/Frou Frou) posts will have to wait when those reading don't already know them inside out.

Roulettes

Might do a couple more of these when I don't have the time and energy to write up a full showcase or playlist. Might try 'themed' roulettes, like from my covers playlist on my iPod or somesuch. Will require some more thought.

Playlists

Going to definitely do more of these. I'll continue to do Awesome Playlists when I feel the urge, but something more interesting is on the horizon - playlists based on themes. Here's a rundown of the ones I'm currently, slowly, building up:

- A MONEY-THEMED playlist requested by my dear cousin, Marelly.
- An ISSUE-RELATED SONGS playlist, because everyone needs a dash of morality every so often.
- A SONGS FOR SLEEP playlist, for falling asleep to. Building this one for myself as well!
- A MASHUPS AND REMIXES playlist, as the former are so fun and the latter quite interesting to listen to.
- My INSTRUMENTAL mix made for SwapBot, that I sent to some partners.
- A LITERARY playlist, about songs with references to literature, or in the cases of some are literature put to music.

I have a feeling these are going to be fun to put together. I love tying together songs by themes, and this'll give me a chance to be a little creative.

What Else?

This is where you guys come in. What do you guys want from this here little music blog? More covers? More new music recommendations? Playlists? Comment and tell me!

And, because I can't leave you with nothing, a random mp3 from my collection.

Adrienne Pierce - Lost & Found (Sendspace link)

A track that took me forever to find. I had it and loved it for a long time, but my copy was faulty and had these really annoying static interruptions. This version is slightly different from that one, but it's just as good and it doesn't have those blips that ruined the former version. Got this from Amie Street, which people who like getting mp3's legitimately and helping out artists can go to. It's got this neat way of deciding prices and promoting bands that I won't get into, but I figured it's cool so I'd rec it.

Anyway, that's it for now! Will try to get on here and post something new for you guys sometime soon!

5 comments:

honeysunshine said...

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

XandMatt said...

Looking good!

Kara said...

Enough blogs about whats coming up in the next blogs! Just do those coming up next blogs!

Kara said...

Enough blogs about whats coming up in the next blogs! Just do those coming up next blogs!

Kara said...

Oh shit haha