Haven't been keeping up lately, sadly enough. Still, here's some songs I've been enjoying as of late...
1. Sarah McLachlan - Prayer of St. Francis (from Rarities, B-Sides And Other Stuff Volume 2; 2008)
McLachlan does gorgeous work with music-izing this prayer, making a beautiful piece of music even for those with no religious affiliation. A longtime favourite.
2. Adrienne Pierce - Fool's Gold (from Faultline; 2007)
A really pretty song found through "Grey's Anatomy". The lyrics are pretty similar to most of its ilk, but Pierce has quite a nice voice.
3. Jem - It's Amazing (from Sex and the City Movie OST; 2008)
We've all been waiting far too long for Jem's new album, and we get a small sneak peek with her inclusion in the "Sex and the City" OST. It's nice, and foretells good things for the new album.
4. Alanis Morissette - The Guy Who Leaves (from Flavors of Entanglement Bonus Disc; 2008)
While I agree with Morissette's decision to leave this song off the CD proper, it makes a very nice b-side of sorts, with a nice introspective look and an enjoyable sound.
5. Wolf Parade - Call It a Ritual (from Mount Zoomer; 2008)
A new discovery prompted by a cousin. Definitely worth a listen, with vocals that sound a little like Belle & Sebastian if they were more indy-rock-whatever instead of twee.
Search for more at The Hype Machine. Purchase albums or mp3's at Amazon, Amazon Canada, Amie St., cdbaby, or Insound.
Wait and See
6 years ago