Sunday, January 13, 2008

When the Garbage Beasts Eat

by Jordan Hyman

I am with chagrin on how long it is taking me to produce my top 10 of '07. First off, number 10 is under conflict between Rasputina's Oh Perilous World and Electric Wizard's Witchcult Today. They're going at it in a cage-match to the death right now, and Electric Wizard has the brutality, agression, and Satanic integrity to certainly destroy whatever comes near it, but does that fair out when placed against Rasputina's razor sharp wit? Tune in on my top 10 post to find out.

Basically what occured is a common hazard of my lifestyle, which is simply my time getting hijacked by group enthusiasm and spotaneity to i.e. randomly driving to Kansas one weekend on 7 hour notice. We went to vist a friend whom I still love, but the love did not defeat the great dread of being in environmental poison-clog of Kansas City. The garbage-beasts have made that location both their playground and their cafeteria. This is perhaps one of the first times in my life I'm actually glad I live in St. Louis.

Here's some music to keep topic at hand. These are the albums played throughout our travels, in chronological order.

Ross Ouroboros - Safe as Fuck
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
King Black Acid - a 96 album in which I have forgotten the title
Koxbox - Dragon Tales
(it gets a bit hazy after this....)
Primus - Frizzle Fry
Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains - The big
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today
ISIS - in the Absence of Truth
Clutch - their latest album
That damn Deathklok CD (not my pick)
Sirenia - don't know what album
ISIS - Celestial
Godspeed You! Black Emporer - Yanqui
VAST - uncertain what album
some lectures on the origin of Hinduism
Eminem - the Slim Shady LP (pure guilt)
and of course...
Everything that I've forgotten

All the music news from Jordan today...

No comments: